Monday 28 March 2011

FRIENDS ARE QUIET ANGELS...


Well, I am off today for 15-day home break - and my heart is filled with great joy! It is just a wonderful feeling to be back home with my mum and loved ones and to also get a chance to catch up with friends who I really miss.

The older I get, the more I appreciate how blessed I am with so many thoughtful, genuine. down-to-earth friends in my life. I have actually found that even in the most difficult situation, God always sends a couple of friends who suddenly remind me I am not alone. In this past week, I was once again reminded of this great blessing - of four friends who showed they cared in their own special ways. It was a difficult week for me and just these little loving, cheerful notes, smses and skype calls reminded me - life is beautiful and what am I worrying about? They did not really know what was happening but they were just there suddenly this past week for me. To me, they were God-sent.



When I watched this music video, "FRIENDS ARE QUIET ANGELS" below, I thought it is most apt of all the good friends I have in my life - from kindergarten until today. Through Facebook and Internet, I have reconnected with some lovely friends again who bring a lot of sunshine and cheer throughout the year through their emails, calls and the few chances when we get to meet up.  I do not know about how you feel but friends are like rainbows in my life - being there  for me at the most unexpected of times. What more could I ask for? As one of my dearest friends wrote - "Go do what you have to do. We will always support you." To my friend who shall remain nameless - thank you for believing I would choose to do what is right without asking any questions... 


   "But what is the good of friendship if one cannot say exactly what one means? Anybody can say charming things and try to please and to flatter, but a true friend always says unpleasant things, and does not mind giving pain. Indeed, if he is a really true friend he prefers it, for he knows that then he is doing good.”
Oscar Wilde

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Susan. As I once was told: "God often lets us know he cares through people around us!" God Bless and have a lovely and restful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ewa! God bless u too :)

    ReplyDelete