Sunday 17 April 2011

JOY IS THE MYSTERY OF LOVE - MOTHER TERESA

Mother Teresa
The first day I was back in my office in India last Thursday, I received a video of Mother Teresa. It was a hectic day for me and I wanted to put off watching the video. Yet something in my heart prompted me to make the time  to watch it. So I did, watching it in 'instalments' - as the video had different subtopics. The first few minutes of just listening to Mother Teresa's message reminded me once again of how inspirational Mother Teresa has been to the world even today - all because of her incredible capacity to love and her deep faith. Later that night, I watched the video in its entirety feeling a great sense of peace and tranquility in my heart and mind.


For Christians, this is the last week of Lent as we begin Holy Week today with Palm Sunday mass celebration.  The Holy Season of Lent is a time when each of us is called to reflect upon our lives, to repent and to live a life pleasing to God. 

Mother Teresa's message is very simple but incredibly powerful and pierces one's heart. I have always been inspired by Mother Teresa - how this small-sized nun with a huge heart revolutionized the world to love the poor. She epitomizes "Love In Action".

One point that really touched me was her message that "We need lots of love to forgive; lots of humility to forget. It is not complete forgiveness if we do not forget also. As long as we do not forget, we have not forgiven fully. And this is how we hurt each other...We need humility to forget." 

I have found the wisdom of Mother Teresa's words to be true. It is not easy but our hearts are only free when we can let go of hurts and pains and have no feelings of anger and hatred towards any person - no matter what. We will be given the grace and it becomes easier and easier to focus on the good in others.

The inspiring video of Mother Teresa below - "JOY IS THE MYSTERY OF LOVE" is truly worth watching - her message is timeless and cuts across all barriers to speak to every person's heart. It will make us really take a deep look into our lives. Mother Teresa is like a gentle and powerful voice of "Conscience". 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan

    Thank you very much for sharing this beautiful vdo of Mother Teresa ! I am so touched by her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan,

    as always a wonderful and inspiring blog about the joy of living for God and for others. Keep it us sister!

    Jeyaraj

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is amazing! Thanks, Danny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Fr. Jeyaraj. Am sure you have a busy Easter programme with all the Salesian kids you care for. God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete