Tuesday 14 September 2010

ENJOY THE MOMENTS...

It is nearly a week since I have been on my home break - and it has been a whirlwind of activities. To use the word a vacation or R & R break is a misnomer! Yet, I have been having a very happy time...

In the  midst of seemingly endless driving around, I have had a lovely time with family and meeting with a few friends in Malaysia and Singapore. What's more - I have had time to indulge in the local food that I had been missing.

We often take for granted what is easily available or accessible to us in our daily life. So I actually believe it is good to be without the things I enjoy at times! Then, like I have found personally, I truly appreciate and enjoy the moments when I do get a chance to experience the many blessings and good things I DO have in my life!

In this week alone, I have been thankful for a few things that I think some of you may never think to be thankful for as it may seem like mundane, everyday things you can easily have! Below are a few of enjoyable moments I had:

  • Having whatever I wished at mealtimes
  • Able to raid the fridge at the oddest of hours for an ice-cream cone or chocolate or a cold drink!
  • Hopping into the car to buy stuff even till about 10 p.m.
  • Late supper with friends
  • Playing with the family pet dog
  • Reading newspaper leisurely over breakfast
  • Watching TV at night while seated on my favourite leather recliner chair
I just realized I am enjoying these very simple everyday moments. It just goes to show that when I had all these things in my life as a given, I forgot to be thankful for these seemingly "little" blessings. Yet, if I look at my everyday life both at home and in India, there are countless "little" blessings every single day...

Goes to show that I should be thankful to God everyday and not take my life for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment