Thursday 3 November 2011

CHRIST IN OUR CHRISTMAS GIFTS...

I am not an avid shopper. But I have written before I just love buying gifts for my loved ones especially Christmas gifts! And Christmas is  approaching fast...it is already November and all the shopping centres will soon be playing joyous Christmas carols and beautiful Christmas decorations will be up. The past few years, I have been thinking about all the gift-shopping I love doing for Christmas. And I have to very sheepishly admit  - I never used to think that I should remember Jesus  - our "EMMANUEL" - even when choosing Christmas gifts for loved ones. So I ask myself - what is Christmas without remembering Christ? Unless I consciously prepare my heart to welcome Jesus, there is no real inner joy. It will just be a fleeting moment of transient happiness. I feel we really must give at least one Christmas gift to our loved ones that helps to remind them what Christmas is really about.

What is the true meaning of Christmas to little kids, teenagers, young adults, married couples and grandparents in our families and circle of friends? While showing our love and care for them, it will be a great idea to give a Christian-themed gift that will uplift them throughout the years as they use the gift. Indeed, we are reminding them that Jesus is always present in their lives everyday!

Well, this year I decided to share some ideas of lovely, meaningful Christmas gifts to people of all ages from children to grandparenst that is currently available online. It is where I have been choosing many of my gifts these past few years.

But first, I am really excited for my friend Victor who has chosen to use his wonderful artistic talent to set up Parousian Publishing this year - Victor's dream is to publish resources to bring children closer to God. His first flagship products, The 'Tales of the Eucharist', a 3-book series is so eye-catching and lovely, I actually have my own set! The colourful illustrations and charming way the stories are retold brings alive so tangibly to little children (4-9 years) the great Wonder present in the Eucharist - Jesus! I can only admire the illustrations that so vividly share beautiful stories of our Catholic faith. What better way for little children to learn  more about Jesus - our Messiah? It is Jesus who they most need to know about during Christmas.



Bread Turned Flesh is a delightful retelling of the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano, Italy in the year 730AD.


 'The Invaders!' is an exciting retelling of the Eucharistic Miracle of St. Clare, which happened in Assisi, Italy. When invaders came to attack Assisi and St. Clare's monastery in the year 1240AD.



'The Proud Knight' is a humourous retelling of the Eucharistic Miracle of Seefeld, Austria.


The 'Tales of The Eucharist" book series is available online at Parousian Publishing and it is free shipping in Singapore and Malaysia and a small flat fee for international orders.


Visitng another group of girlfriends' office in Singapore is like visiting an Angels' store in Heaven!  I feel like buying most of the items - there are great gift ideas for people of all ages - from children to  our beloved grandparents. Well, I guess all of you cannot be trying to visit their office like me but their items are available in most Christian book stores in SIngapore. But with their online store JoyCatholicStore.com - Gifts of Joy, any one from any part of the globe  can do so - it is available at your fingertips right now!

                                                             


Silver Pen - Jesus is Lord
(Rm. 10:9)
   
Stainless Steel Dog Tag Pendant
                                        











                               

4.5" Wooden St. Benedict's Crucifix


Gift Packets (Red Packets)















1-Decade Car Rosary                                               Glass Square Platter - Praise The Lord!
    (Black Diamond)                                                               [30cm x 30cm x 0.5cm]




                             A7 Notebook - Strength [Pink]

Sickers With Bible Verses                              
      [Pack of 14] 


Sterling Silver St. Benedict's Crucifix
With Chain (Large)
Blank Cards of 10
Assorted Designs















Well, there are so many other gift ideas to choose from but I have just highlighted some Christian-themed gift ideas I have chosen over the past years - that brought joy to my loved ones. It was my little way of sharing the gift of Jesus for Christmas! 

For all the items bought online on JoyCatholicStore.com - Gifts of Joy, shipping is free in SIngapore. For International Orders, it is free shipping for orders of USD99/-  and above.


I came across this short meaningful YouTube video about JESUS AND SANTA which really puts Christmas into perspective.

After all, the best Christmas gift we have all received from God is His Son Jesus! 


"Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son,
and they shall call him Emmanuel," which means "God is with us."
(Matthew 1:23)



2 comments:

  1. nice, will try to order some stuff after my return from kuwait, loves n hugs Sunita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blessed trip to Kuwait, Sunita - esp re your Qatar presentation!

    ReplyDelete